Monday, July 02, 2007

BBT Final Statistics

The BBT is now complete. I had planned on playing the Big Game, but skipped it at the last minute, so I ended up missing most of the events in the last few weeks and dropped to 20th overall. There has been a lot of talk about the scoring system, so I will put up some statistics that are not based on number of events played to even things out a bit. I am not doing this to take anything away from our BBT champion Bayne_S. It looks like he would have won using any imaginable scoring method that gave credit for good play. Its more for people like me, who simply can't play 2-3 blogger events a week and had to try to get in when my schedule allowed it. All of this will be based on 19 minimum events (about 1/2). This is so you can't dominate a statistical category by one or two big events. You have to play enough for your statistics to be meaningful. Enough of the build-up, here they are.
BBT Final Points/Event Standings

BBT Final Cash/Event Standings
BBT Final FT% Standings
BBT Final ITM% Standings
BBT Final "In The Points" Standings

I was shooting for the points/Event title but finished 7th in that. Still not too bad concidering the number of players and the talent level. My best finish was 2nd in the fold to the points catagory above. I also must say that Hoy made quite a run late, and would have had a shot if not for his horrible start. My 2 cents on the scoring system, is that I would leave it unchanged, but only count the 10 best finishes of all players. I think that evens things out a bit, and makes folding to the points pretty worthless.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 6:44 PM, Blogger Mike Maloney said...

Cool stuff Blinders. I wish my points/event ranking had been higher. I went through two separate stretches where I just played like crap and ended up missing the points for multiple tourneys in a row.

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger cmitch said...

Very good stuff. It is interesting if you look at my stats. I am near the top of almost all of your categories except for one - IN THE POINTS. Making the points in the tourneys was never my motivation - winning always was.

I am like you in that I didn't get a chance to play a ton of the tourneys. This makes me think that the scoring system will have to change in the next Blogger Tourney series.

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

still a little amazed i won the most money. the last tourney obviously didn't hurt.

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

These are some very interesting numbers Blinders, thanks for calculating and posting them all.

I will definitely be posting later this week about my thoughts on the BBT scoring system. There was a lot of discussion on the scoring before we started the BBT tournaments, and let's just say that I was outvoted. Next time things will definitely change to some degree.

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger CEMfromMD said...

Great stuff Blinders, and makes me feel much better about my play knowing I actually had the highest final table percentage. Too bad I ended up being the bubble boy multiple time.

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sooooo many late hands not going my way, excellent chart Blinder and great seeing you at the Venetian!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home