Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The Nuclear Option Part 2

It was just about 1 year ago that I posted about the Nuclear Option. Luckily, I have not seen a repeat since. That is until this weeks MATH tournament. For some of you who wonder, what someone like me goes through at home, this is a great example. I barely play poker anymore. Without the BBT, and the $300 bonus challenge, I would probably have about 20 hours in all year at the tables. I used to play a shit-load more than this (2-3 hours a day). So this week I wanted to play the MATH. I prefer it's structure, and buy-in to the other BBT blonkaments. So I sat down for my first BBT event in a week, on a Monday evening (7PM). I am normally not allowed to play at this time (how the hell did I get so many events in then?), but the kids are out of school now for the summer so I thought this would be OK. Plus I have been busting my ass on an important project, and I deserved a break to do something that I enjoy. Not so fast, as the Nuclear option would be in play.

About an hour in to the tournament, my (ex) step mother came by to drop off some presents for our B-Days. The whole family has June birthdays. I was focused on the tourney, but broke away for a moment to open my present. It was some kind of roll out beach mat wrapped in a garbage bag. I ripped it open, took a look, said my thank yous and got back to the MATH. about 15 minute later, the step mom left, and this happened.

The wife started yelling at me for ruining the trash bag the present was wrapped in! Holy shit, this is exactly what I need. I opened a fawking present by ripping the wrapping, and now I am catching shit for it. If you have every tried to play a MTT with a nagging Biatch yelling at you, it is not a pretty thing. I told her to drop it immediately. I am not going to be yelled at for opening a present, and I guess wasting a 10c garbage bag that could have been saved. WTF! So I fired back and told her to shut up, and I would not listen to her nag me about a stupid trash bag. Fold would have been the better option, as she went straight to the nuclear option and pulled the plug on the PC mid MTT. I got her settled down and the PC back up about 5 minutes later, so it was not as bad as the first one where I was deep in the money, and had a good chance of winning the MTT, but was not allowed to continue. It's great being me.

If you got through all that, and are checking here for the big official announcement, it will happen tomorrow night. For those of you who can't wait, and are willing to work to figure all this out I will provide a single hint below:

I HAVE A NOTHER BLOG

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 10:36 AM, Blogger bayne_s said...

WOW

Was unaware of previous nuclear option post until today.

Best solution I have for you is to win a trip to a foreign location in a poker tournament, it does wonders for poker tolerance.

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

I hope your announcement is a divorce for your sake! heh. May I suggest a laptop though? Just pretend the screen goes dead after she pulls the plug..

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Mike Maloney said...

Is the announcement that you're really smokkee?

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger smokkee said...

now that's funny Mike.

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Alan aka RecessRampage said...

LMAO - this was a funny post... now I can't wait to go see part 1.

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger yancy said...

Marriage is truly the worst beat of all.

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

DUDE! I am SO with you on the difficulty of playing a tournament with a nagging biatch in the background. Don't they realize how f-ing annoying that is?!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home