Thursday, April 17, 2008

BOOM!

Is there a better feeling in poker than dropping down a BOOM after a big hand? I think not. I am not a big time boomer, but the few times that I have dropped one down it felt absolutely great. I have been dropping a few more lately due to all the recent controversy, just because I think it is funny as well now which provides added benefit. You guys all need to take a chill pill. Dropping down a BOOM is just to make the boomer feel good, and is not intended to make the other guy feel bad. If it does that's your problem not the boomer's.

In fact, I think that any one-word type response specifically related to a hand should be allowed if not welcomed.

FAWK
SHIET
DAMN
N1
LUCSAC
DONK
BOOM
BAM
BLAMO
WOOT

All welcome in my book. I would even let slide a little bit of pushing it like the compound words below.

Sendit
shipit
yeahme
ulucsac
udonky
isuc

WTF is wrong with a small amount of emotion at the table revealed through a single word. Nothing is the answer. No don't get me wrong, I am not talking about long drawn out hateful conversations in chat. Those should be off limit in blogaments. Though not so much in a public game. I am definitely one to abuse the chat in public games if I think I can get an edge by tilting somebody. My favorite thing to do is pick on a weakie when I donk into a big pot, by claiming that I won the hand with pure skillz and the other guy was a donk for even trying to beat me. That can put certain people off their games and that means more profit for me! But, I don't do that in bloggaments. I would much rather beat you guys fair and square.

So the next time you get freaked out by a BOOM, remember that it is you who are freaking out. The other person did not do it to make you feel bad, they just needed to feel better, and a BOOM always does the trick.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 7:33 PM, Blogger Fuel55 said...

Priceless.

 
At 7:26 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Can you feel the BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM?

IT

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger lucko said...

Your thoughts on "ROAR"ing after a big hand?

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

How could anyone not like a good ROAR after a win?

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger Stick said...

Act like ya been there, man. Taunting to any degree should be contained to friends only, IMO.

Nice blog, though. I'll keep reading. Cheers.

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger Lord_Wolff said...

Must say that I don't type anything in the chat that I wouldn't say in person to someone at a live table.

Generally means this sort of thing is saved for home games with friends. Although I thought the point of your blogger games was basically a "home game with friends"

Can't say that it bothers me much when somebody else does it though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home