Wednesday, January 03, 2007

2007 Poker Goals

The list is going to be short this year.

1) Win $16,000 online in 2007

Comment: I won about 8k the last 2 years. Time to step things up a bit

2) Play only 1/2 NL and up cash games in 2007

Comment: Time to lose the .50/1 NL crutch I have relied on for way too long.

3) Become a winning player at 2/4 and 3/6 NL in 2007

Comment: not there yet, but I feel I am real close.

4) Play at least 2000 hands of 5/10 NL online

Comment: I need to be taking shots at this level to prepare for 2008.

5) Play at least 1.5x as much online in 2007 as 2006

Comment: The amount of time I spend playing was way down in 2006. This was partly a result of "The Project", and "The Project" will eat up quite a bit of time as well in 2007. I need to find the time to keep improving my game, no matter whats on my plate.

That's it!

There will be no MTT or WSOP goals this year. WSOP - been there, done that. MTTs - Lets face it, not my bread and butter. I am sure I will go through some phases of wanting to play MTTs in 2007, and I will play in quite a few blogger events for sure, but I refuse to let MTTs distract me from where the money is - CASH GAMES. If I happen to win a seat in the WSOP, fine, but as usual I will make almost no effort towards this so why make it a goal.

2 Comments:

At 11:11 PM, Blogger Fuel55 said...

Goals are goot.

 
At 11:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cash is King.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home