Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Photo Contest #3


I'm back from a one week vacation.  No BBT for a week so I let my early 4th place for April go to waste.  Above is an image from the trip.  First one to identify exactly where this was taken wins photo contest #3 and a $10 transfer the the online site of choice (Limited to FT, PS, or FSL)

I played the riverchasers, and donked it up early getting it all-in preflop with JJ vs. KK.  That sounds pretty ugly and it was, but lets just run through it.  I had opened 3x from UTG for T150.  UTG+1 Jams for about 1.9k.  Folds back to me.  I can easily let this go, but I started thinking about it.  What kind of hands do you jam with there?  Nothing I would jam with there, but lets just say 77-AA, AK, AQ or some BS like that.  AA & KK seem the least likely of the group, as you would want to raise less for value.  Also, this guy was already down to 1.9k early.  A bit loose with the chips or what ever.  If I call and am wrong, I still have 850 or something and not dead. All this made me feel that it was even more likely that it was a 77-QQ or AK type hand.  I felt very priced in.  Its not a straight forward play though, and you need to play straight forward early in MTTs so its an interesting hand.  I made the call and lost 2/3 of my stack.  I would catch AA later and double through for breathing room, and then caught a few medium pots here and there to make the final 2 tables pretty short.  From there I folded to the points.  Well that's what it looked like.  I was just hanging around waiting for some cards to rally with.  I did not really think I would make the top 12 when I was last out of 18.  I would either catch a few breaks and make the FT, or bounce out early and out of the points.  The others dropped, and I was way short and all in with Ten high preflop ahead of a 6 high hand.  The river would wash me out with a few points for my efforts.    

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 1:08 PM, Blogger VinNay said...

Vintage Store on Haight St in San Fran.

VinNay on FT, ship it.

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Lord_Wolff said...

It is a vintage store, but i think it is the one at

7248 melrose Avenue, Hollywood.

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Lord_Wolff said...

But then again what the hell would I know, I'm in Australia looking at store fronts on google.

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger Blinders said...

VinNay's got it. Nice job. $10 shipped to your FullTilt Account.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home