Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Hand of the Week - I Will Be Missing PartyPoker

The hand below is from a cash game on PartyPoker from last night. I needed to burn through the September bonus before they shut it down.

***** Hand History for Game 5302522557 *****
$100 NL Texas Hold'em - Tuesday, October 03, 01:44:21 ET 2006
Table Rogue Wave (Real Money)
Seat 2 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 1: aka_Nemo ( $98.90 )
Seat 3: reeeelax ( $11.67 )
Seat 6: NathanSPhillips ( $101.25 )
Seat 7: Nuklrdisastr ( $158.34 )
Seat 8: Excalibur_TX ( $142.84 )
Seat 9: Anth0ny8O7 ( $26.67 )
Seat 10: Bl1nders ( $127.20 )
Seat 2: kuba44 ( $106.50 )
Seat 5: GaryLee009 ( $101.20 )
Seat 4: TDouglas105 ( $47.75 )
reeeelax posts small blind [$0.50].
TDouglas105 posts big blind [$1].
** Dealing down cards **

Dealt to Bl1nders [ Qs Qd ]

GaryLee009 folds.
NathanSPhillips raises [$4].
Nuklrdisastr folds.
Excalibur_TX folds.
Anth0ny8O7 folds.

I like to min raise 3-4x opens preflop with hands like QQ and JJ. I want to find out very early in the hand if I am ahead. A call of my min raise indicates I am not against AA or KK, a big reraise indicates that AA or KK is likely out there, and I need to decide if I want to play the hand for a set or not.

Bl1nders raises [$7].
aka_Nemo calls [$7].
kuba44 raises [$15].
reeeelax folds.
TDouglas105 folds.
NathanSPhillips folds.

The smooth call and the decent reraise is enough to spook me off this hand. I could continue on and play for a set, as I am getting decent odds, but I will try to pick a better spot. I appear to have gotten the info I was looking for. The initail raiser did not have the goods, but one of these guys behind me surely does.

Bl1nders folds.
aka_Nemo calls [$8].
** Dealing Flop ** [ Kc, 5h, 3d ]
aka_Nemo checks.
kuba44 checks.

WTF, all that preflop action, and it checks through on the flop. I start thinking, I may have laid down the best hand. I had put kuba44 on AA or KK, so he might be slowplaying the set with KK. Not sure what to put Nemo on. JJ or TT are possibilities as well as a slow played AK.

** Dealing Turn ** [ 5s ]
aka_Nemo bets [$10].
kuba44 raises [$25].
aka_Nemo is all-In.
kuba44 calls [$58.90].

There we go! Looks like kuba44's trap worked and he is going to double through.

** Dealing River ** [ Th ]
kuba44 shows [ Ad, Ah ] two pairs, aces and fives.

Well I put him on AA or KK, so it was a good laydown on my part. The board was not very scary for AA unless Nemo has KK, so kuba'a play makes perfect sense. So what does Nemo have????



Make



A



Guess



Before



Looking



Down



Here







aka_Nemo shows [ 5c, 3c ] a full house, Fives full of threes.

aka_Nemo wins $207.30 from the main pot with a full house, Fives full of threes.


WTF????? Some discussion broke out for obvious reasons after this hand. Nathan the initial preflop raiser, claimed he folded KK. I can't beleive you can lay that hand down preflop at .50/1 nl on Party, but I can see how he thought he was against AA. Any of the three behind him could have had AA and played the way they did. Great laydown! I still have never laid down KK preflop in a cash game, and would never do that on Party.

Then of course people started ripping on Nemo for his preflop play. His take was after he was in for $7 it was an $8 call for a $42 pot, so he was getting proper odds. I questioned how he thought he was getting proper odds when he called the $7. Nemo said he wanted to gamble. I guess so. Crazy hand. AA, KK, QQ, and 53s are delt in, and only the 53s has the ballz to call down AAs preflop action that got up to 15x the blinds. Then of course 53 flops 2-pair, and turns the boat. Have to love the fish on Party. I will really miss them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home