Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Dems Quads Bitches



I love flopping quads! I usually am thinking I want this hand to go to showdown, and this has been working lately. This flys in the face of my post on slowplaying monsters. In this case, I called the guys $5 flop bet, then called his $10 turn bet, then bet $15 into him on the river after he checked to me to win a nice sized pot.



I might have misplayed this one again, and should be listening to my own advice. When he leads out with the $5 on the flop, I need to put him on a hand. I called his 4x preflop raise. He could have middle to high pocket pairs, AK to AJ, KQ or even KJ. He is missing this flop with a lot of those hands, but he has to love the flop with any J, or QQ, KK, AA. If he missed and is trying to buy, he will lay down to a flop reraise, but might (50/50) fire another bullet on the turn if I just call. Once the turn hits, he is gone if I show any strength if he has not improved. If he's got a J, seeing a Q, K, or A will be scary and tend to slow him down. If I go ahead and play back at him on this flop, he may be willing to go to war for all of his chips right there with a good portion of his range. The rest of his range probably will not pay me off very much. It would have been better (obviously) to get the money in on the flop based on his holding. This guy was pretty retarded to call the river bet with that board, so I am pretty sure I get him in on the flop if I play it differently.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home