Friday, December 24, 2010

The Concession

I have officially thrown in the towel on my multi-sport daily fantasy sports challenge with Buffalo66, and he has graciously accepted. Buffalo66 is without any doubt in my mind the best overall daily fantasy sports player alive and really dominated me throughout the challenge. I put up a strong effort with expansive player projection models for all sports, but was edged out in Fantasy Baseball, and thoroughly dominated in Fantasy Hockey and Fantasy Football. His scoring average against me in Fantasy Football was ridiculously high, and was often one of the few players beating me at the site we were playing at. Overall, I won a decent chunk of change during the challenge against other players with my challenge teams, but shipped a good portion of it over to Buffalo66 in our $25 leagues. You can see a recap of our challenge here in the Rotogrinders Forum

I wanted to use the challenge to step up my daily game and see if there was money to be made out there. Also, it was great experience to play on a competitive site, and see daily from the player's perspective. Ultimately, this will lead to improvements at Fantasy Sports Live. As far as making money in daily fantasy sports, it can be done, but requires good table selection skills as well as a high level of dedication each time you play. Even with a good player projection model, it can still take an hour or so to nail down an ideal line-up considering all of the other outside factors. When table selection was easy in fantasy football, I was making some good money, but it got tough pretty quick where we were playing at, and has never been very good for the other sports there. After the challenge, I still think FSL is the place to play if you want to profit. We have much lower rake which makes it much easier to profit long-term. We also tend to nurture the newer players with beginner leagues and in many other ways before sending them out for slaughter against the best of the best. The site we were playing at is just a giant blood bath for beginner players and tends to send them packing before they can build up some confidence. It would be nice to find a site with a ton of action and lots of new players around all the time, but it does not appear to exist yet.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:34 AM, Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

LOL. It was fun following your challenge!

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Blinders said...

Fun for you. Not so fun for me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home