Wednesday, October 17, 2007

BBT2 Qualifying Strategy

I put about 5 minutes of thought into this, but here it is. In BBT1, I did not dare play in all or close to all of the events. Trying to do that would have led certainly to divorce. Last time we were playing for a Wii or something like that, and with the point system the way it was, I could slide right to the freeroll without too much effort. This time an 18k prize package is on the line in a 20ish player TOC. So whats my plan? Get my seat ASAP and then drop out. It's my only hope of getting the Aussie trip and keeping my marriage intact. Seems like a valid strategy. Event #1 is the big game which will most likely have the smallest field of all events. Event #2 is the MATH which should be smaller than the Mook or Riverchasers each week. I figure the field sizes will grow throughout, so week 1 is your best shot. I have won riverchasers before, and gone deep at the FT a few times as well, so that is probably my other shot.

So my strategy breaks down like this.

1) Win the big game, Math or River Chasers in week 1
2) Sit back and wait for the TOC
3) If (1) does not happen, I guess its back to the drawing boards.

Feel free to throw some chips my way next week to help in my efforts.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 5:28 PM, Blogger jmathewson_III said...

Well good luck in week 1 then. I'm guessing everyone is hoping to win a seat earlier. I do wonder how big the events will get though. Seems like an 18k package might attract just a few folks.

J3

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger lightning36 said...

A great strategy -- IF you can one one in the first week. I'll have to miss the first week. Can't wait to see how things shape up.

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger RaisingCayne said...

Wait... that was gonna by my strategy!?

Good luck!

And your marriage will have no problem staying intact if you take your wife for ten days to Australia!

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger bayne_s said...

A better strategy is to win every BBT2 event and be the only player qualified for TOC

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger smokkee said...

Bayne's right. the more events you win, the smaller the field is in the TOC. better chance at the Aussie Millions package.

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger Blinders said...

I will get my seat, and let Bayne take care of the rest. When we do the head-up TOC we could chop right away, and just go together.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home