Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Week 12 Fantasy Football Results

It was an interesting week over at "site x". They decided to run thanksgiving only leagues (we are so flattered that they copy everything we do), as well as there usual assortment of offerings. Most of my solid picks for the week were playing on Thanksgiving, so I tried out a Thanksgiving only league, and found out that my perfect team was well under the generous (unadjusted for the lack of games) salary cap. This basically made the thanksgiving leagues "no cap", and with only three games on the schedule, the risk of identical fantasy teams is too high, so I decided to pass. So to get my Thursday picks in play, I would need to enter the Thu-Mon leagues. The problem with a Thursday through Monday Fantasy Football League is that there are a bunch of injury game time decisions on Sunday, and you will not have access to that info on Thursday. Also, I would be in Vegas for the Thanksgiving holiday, so I decided to skip the Sun-Mon leagues.

Ultimately, I just entered (10) $5 leagues this week. I was only matched in 6 leagues, so I guess they only ran (6) $5 leagues that included all games for the week. The risk of setting a fantasy football team too early is very real, and I paid the price when Warner did not play (I did not have him, but did have Fitz and Boldin), and the Arizona receivers had a poor week as a result. I ended up going 0-5-1 for the week which is a big disappointment, but I think I learned an inexpensive lesson. I will now only enter the Sun only leagues or possible the Sun-Mon leagues, so I can have complete injury info. I will probably go all-in in week 13, because week 16/17 are not good for fantasy football, and I have just three weeks left before I quit until next season.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 4:11 PM, Blogger thompson182 said...

hey check my comment on your blinders: the system post. looking for some feedback.

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger ClockWyze said...

Hi Blinders,

I am a fellow professional poker player who is branching out into the online gaming industry (you may recognize my user name, it's my online poker name). My partners and I are about to launch an online gaming platform which operates licensed office pools for sports, reality TV, poker tournaments and stocks. Our Maltese gaming license prohibits us for allowing Americans, so we will be targeting Europe, UK and Asia Pacific. For this reason, despite having very similar products, we are not in direct competition. I think this provides our businesses with a very unique opportunity.

Can you please get in contact with me. I would love to talk to you some more.

andrewp@cashsportspools.com
or ClockWyze on 2+2

Cheers

- Andrew

 
At 11:41 PM, Blogger Angelina said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Вазисубалий said...

лучшие игры
новинки онлайн игр

 

Post a Comment

<< Home