Friday, April 24, 2009

Observations on the Recession

I have noticed a few interesting changes lately.  Are they recession related?

Long hair seems to be back in again.

Last year's fashions are holding up surprisingly well this season.

People seem to be sticking to their diets a bit more than usual.

The checkout lines at Nordstom's seem easier to navigate.

You can actually see people "Walking in L.A.".

Airport security efficiency seems way up, with much shorter lines.

You don't need to be famous like Dr. Pauly to get a same day reservation at a trendy high end restaurant.  

Street performers seem more plentiful nowadays.



Labels:

4 Comments:

At 2:54 PM, Blogger Joe Speaker said...

I haven't gotten a haircut in 6 months.

I've bought new clothes, though. Shocker.

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Pauly said...

Only Speaker would sacrifice self-grooming for clothes.

And my friend Mr. Benjamin usually got me tables in tough eateries. It had nothing to do with my Q rating and everything to do with the cash!

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger smokkee said...

its been about 5 months since my last haircut but Tina is starting to get on my ass about it.

We are both dieting too.

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger Bayne_S said...

I have let my hair grow out a bit as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home