Friday, August 08, 2008

Poker Meh

Its been tough lately to put the time aside to play online poker. I have the time, but I guess I just got a case of the Mehs. I played a couple times this week. I got 82/516 in Pauly's 5 year bash. What a turnout. 4x bigger than any other blogger tourney. I ran rivered straight into turned boat early to get low, then I sucked out huge a couple of times when all-in. A7 vs. A8 jumps out as one of the uglier ones. Then I settled down and got pretty deep before jamming 33 from the BB over the SB's open who had been tilting off his stack. He took the coin flip with KT and rivered me. I needed the chips at the time, and knew he would call with ATC pretty much, but I liked the play/read still. In the riverchasers, I donked off some chips early and then donked out with AA a bit later, for a rare early MTT exit. I can't really justify my play in the RC, other than I took an early double up or go home attitude after dropping 1/2 my stack. Way too early to be thinking that way.

While running the Pauly and RC this week, I went ahead and moved up to the $32+3 beginner S&Gs on Bodog. They don't fill as fast, so it's hard to run three at a time. I have been getting in one or two 32s mixed in with 16s to get to 3 tables. This week I am off to a 2nd, 2nd, 4th, and 5th start in the 32s in 4 attempts. Still no sample size there, but similar results to the 16s so far. The 32s play just as easy IMO so win rates should jump to $40+ an hour.

There is not much strategy in these things, but I can give you a few poker tips on how to profit from these things. You basically fold everything except pocket pairs, AK, AQ, KQ for the first 1/2 hour or so. Play middle to small pocket pairs for set value, and play all non-paired starting hands very safe and keep the pot sizes low, even when you connect. You should only look to play a big pot if you hit the flop hard, or have a monster pocket pair to start. Once you get through the first 1/2 hour, you evaluate your situation. If you have enough chips to fold through 1/2 hour more of blinds you continue on with the safe strategy. If you don't, you look to increase your activity level as required to make it to the money. All the strategy is based around making the money in these things. When it gets down to 5 players, 1/2 of the prize money has already been paid. Getting a double up early with a big starting hand or big flop is just another way to get to the money. Once in the money you then can start to play for the win, but only if you are low on chips. If you have chips, after the bubble you should wait until 3 or 4 are left before playing for the win.

The nice thing about playing crazy weak-tight for as long as possible is that when you throw the switch to tight-aggressive or even loose aggressive, anyone paying attention will be giving you way too much credit. When Foldy Mcfolderson starts ramming and jamming people tend to get out of the way. Let them watch you fold early, and jam late and get the wrong reads on you, while all you are doing is playing the correct strategy. Probably the best strategy is to play everyone of the $32+3 beginners that forms on Bodog. If I can hold my ROI its $16+ in profit lost every time I miss one of these things. How much profit are you leaving on the table by not playing beginner Sit and Goes on Bodog?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 1:55 AM, Blogger cristy said...

Well Poker is one of my favorite game and I love poker for wining in poker some Poker Tips which can be helpful for the players. Enjoy the game. Good Luck

 

Post a Comment

<< Home