Wednesday, February 27, 2008

More Bodonkey Points, 7th Overall

I scored some more points by finishing 13th in the bodonkey last night, and moving up to 7th overall. I had a pretty easy run as early on I ran AA into KK and doubled through to a quick 6,000 in chips. At this point a quick calculation shows that you can fold into the points pretty easy. The points bubble breaks about 2 1/2 hours in, and 6k in chips will get you there. The blinds start at 5/10. The points are worth so much that you want to make sure you get them if you get a double up. This is a $11 buy-in MTT and a seat is worth about $750 dwarfing the payouts for this individual MTT. So I basically clamped down and played uber tight even for me. About an hour and 45 minutes in (blinds 100/200) I pick up KK and open raise to 800. Riggstad jams all-in for 4500 ish. Not really an autocall. I can still fold to the points, but big points would be nice to. After thinking briefly, I figure there is no way he shoves AA there, and I call having him covered by about 1500. He flips AJo and I sweat out the board to victory. This put me above 10k and with enough of a stack to push the table around with without risking elimination before the points bubble. I jammed over columbo's open with 44 and he called with AK (i think), and I lost the coin flip. I called peaker's open jam with JJ and lost to his KJ. Basically I bled my way down to 6500 with 13 left and in the points. I then picked up 99 on the button and jammed over the chip leader's early open. Chip leader thought and called with 55 and IGHN when a 5 flops. Stupid presto. So I basically played two big hands in the first two hours, and used those good situations to secure the leaderboard points. Late in the MTT when I could have rallied back into a position to win, things did not go my way. No biggie, just need to grab some more points next week.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 11:04 AM, Blogger Riggstad said...

nh hand there bro... not in my wheelhouse to make that move but I had just lost 3 races to lose a top ten spot and was steaming a little.

I figured with your raise and my jam, all else had to go away, and was hoping you had a middle pair or so...

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Riggstad said...

oops.. got cut off somehow..

middle pair through QQ, and possible a big A.

I knew it was a gamble but I was really shorting witht he blinds coming next...

nice run

 

Post a Comment

<< Home