Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Bodonkey Tonight & West Coast Blogger Only Events?

I'm off to a pretty slow start in 2008 pokerwise, but plan to kick things off tonight with my favorite blogger tourney of them all, the BODONKEY. I know it is new and everything, but I just can't get past my Bonus Whoring ways. I used to just love to bonus whore, and it was quite a motivation to play more poker when people are throwing cash my way. Since I have not had a deposit method in over a year now, my bonus whoring days are long gone. But the Bodonkey makes me feel dirty all over again like the bonus whore that I am.

The Bodonkey has the best structure of all the blogger events. The blinds start at 5/10 for God's sake. This is even deeper than a double stack MTT, even though you only start with Edit: T3000. It also has an overlay of nearly 300% every time. They add $600 to the pool, and take in a bit over $200 on average. This is the sickest overlay in the business, and no, this is not an Ad for Bodog. Their software sucks, but who cares when you can bonus whore just like the good ol' days.

I also planning on playing the Skills event, and possibly the 50/50 if it is running tonight as well.

I have been toying with the idea of having a weekly West Coast Blogger MTT hosted by FullTilt or Bodog. (Bodog, if they want to contribute something). It would start at 9:30PM West Coast Time, and give us Left Coasters the advantage of a good start time that the other coast always enjoys. Blogger events just don't mix well with my family life, as they all run during prime mid-week family time. You probably will not be seeing me at many blogger events this year until another BBT series with huge added prizes is announced so for now I will focus on the Bodonkey. I will not be playing the MATH again, as it has switched to a 6-max format, and I can't stand 6-max. East coasters would probably not bother with a west coast event due to a past midnight start, but oh well. If anyone out there is interested, let me know, and I will try to make it a reality.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 5:19 PM, Blogger Shrike said...

If it's on FullTilt, I'm certainly game. I can't play on Bodog because Canadians just can't get money on that site ...

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Gnome said...

I'd love a West Coast bloggament since I can hardly ever make the regular events because I'm on Hawaii time and at work.

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger Fuel55 said...

I'd love to play later.

 
At 3:10 AM, Blogger $mokkee said...

the Bodonkey is a DS tourney. 3000 starting chips.

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger Blinders said...

Yeah, my bad. I guess you should call it superstacks

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Mondogarage said...

I'm busto on FTP, but if you had a west coast event on Bodog, I would likely occasionally stop by. I'm in mountain time, and like you, many of the blogger events just don't work out for me.

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Mondogarage said...

BTW, congratulations on a great showing last night.

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger bayne_s said...

after I smoke recess in points race I can play west coast centric tourney

 

Post a Comment

<< Home