Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Hoy Pwnership Thyme


This post is about inducing an all-in from Hoy. It's not like that's hard to do at 6-max turbo NL Holdem, so I am not asking for any credit here. Hoy got to my table shortly after the first break. This is actually fairly deep for 6-max turbo MTT as the blinds are way past the 2 hour point of a normal tournament. I had been putting on a clinic playing some incredible 6-max poker up to when Hoy sat down to my right. So Hoy sits down and does his usual try to run over the table thing (probably correct for this structure BTW). We had a shorty shove for 2,500, and Hoy called from the SB and I overcalled from the BB with AQ and some nice odds with a three-way pot, and it was for just 1/4 of my stack. Flop comes low two suited, and Hoy reverse hoys me or some BS. I came with-in about an inch of calling as I felt my two cards were still good if they hit, and I was getting close to the right price. I fold, and it turns out Hoy just jammed into a naked side pot on a draw? He would miss and lose the pot. I don't understand that one. I think you check and hope for your likely free card, but are still willing to call any bet from me.

After this hand, Hoy kept it up and was literally getting it all in twice per orbit on average. So you got a 1/3 chance of inducing an all-in from him on any given hand. So I pick up rockets UTG.

Full Tilt Poker Game #4233743826: Mondays at the Hoy (30720307), Table 8 - 200/400 Ante 50 - No Limit Hold'em - 23:00:47 ET - 2007/11/19
Seat 1: buckhoya (8,515)
Seat 2: Loretta8 (7,937)
Seat 3: hoyazo (12,556)
Seat 4: Blinders (3,796)
Seat 5: cracknaces (7,538)
Seat 6: cubanlinks (4,855)
Loretta8 posts the small blind of 200
hoyazo posts the big blind of 400
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Blinders [As Ad]
cracknaces: jackace

Normally I do not screw around at 6-max much, and if this would have been 1/2 hour earlier, I am auto-raising rockets, but my image had swung back to pretty weak-tight for the last 20 minutes. I am also a little bit short and need a double up. Lets see if Hoy can help me out.

Blinders calls 400
cracknaces folds
cubanlinks folds
buckhoya folds
Loretta8 folds
hoyazo has 15 seconds left to act

Hoy is thinking about raising to steal my UTG limp. He makes the right decision and checks. I am pretty well know for limping AA and KK UTG so you need to be a little concerned.

hoyazo checks
*** FLOP *** [Ks 4d Ah]
hoyazo checks

The flop is actually more than you would want. The ace is going to scare any one that does not have one, and there is only one more in the deck. Hoy did not try to steal preflop into weak-tight me, so I am certain he does not have an ace. There is no way I am showing any strength until the river.

Blinders checks
*** TURN *** [Ks 4d Ah] [7c]
hoyazo has 15 seconds left to act

Hoy thinks he might be good here, but is still a bit concerned, I am screwing with him. I mean how often to I miss a bet heads-up in position after a check? He makes a "weeny" bet to see where I am at.

hoyazo bets 400
Blinders has 15 seconds left to act
hoyazo: I WILL FOLD IF YOU MOVE ALLIN

No way I am going to give him the info he wants, and that comment seals the deal. Lets stick with Plan A. Show no strength until the river.

Blinders calls 400
*** RIVER *** [Ks 4d Ah 7c] [Ts]
hoyazo bets 2,945

Thank you!

Blinders calls 2,945
hoyazo: missed your chance
*** SHOW DOWN ***
hoyazo shows [Kc Th] two pair, Kings and Tens
Blinders shows [As Ad] three of a kind, Aces
Blinders wins the pot (7,990) with three of a kind, Aces

Shortly after this Hoy played this hand. This is a very dangerous type situation based on Hoy's image. He is getting it in 2 times per orbit on average, and that has the whole table on notice. Early on in this thing I had a run of cards where I had won three straight pots without a showdown. On the next hand, I picked up A6o UTG 5-handed. Normally you have to raise that, but based on my image because of the previous 3 hands, I folded instead. I knew they would be gunning for me, and I am not going to war with A6. Hoy knows the table is gunning for him before this hand.

Full Tilt Poker Game #4233813861: Mondays at the Hoy (30720307), Table 8 - 250/500 Ante 50 - No Limit Hold'em - 23:06:57 ET - 2007/11/19
Seat 1: buckhoya (8,465)
Seat 2: Loretta8 (7,687)
Seat 3: hoyazo (8,761)
Seat 4: Blinders (7,991)
Seat 5: cracknaces (7,488)
Seat 6: cubanlinks (4,805)
hoyazo posts the small blind of 250
Blinders posts the big blind of 500
The button is in seat #2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Blinders [8c 3s]
cracknaces folds
cubanlinks folds
buckhoya has 15 seconds left to act
buckhoya raises to 2,050
Loretta8 folds
hoyazo raises to 8,711, and is all in

Based on Hoy's range I think you start to get pretty priced in to call with anything you make that open raise with. You will need to put in about 36% of the pot to stay in, and Hoy's range is wide. This is also short-handed turbo, so its not like you can abandon 1/5th of your stack preflop. Hoy does not have the odds to set-mine so calling is out of the question. I think you can make an image fold here, vs taking what amounts to a guaranteed coinflip for your tournament by pushing. Having said all this, this is the BBT2 with a huge premium on winning it, so I think you probably need to take and win some massive coinflips to get the victory. I think this is a decent call by buckhoya.

hoyazo: you must fold
Blinders has 15 seconds left to act
Blinders folds
hoyazo: blinders can call
hoyazo: buckhoya must fold
buckhoya has 15 seconds left to act
buckhoya has requested TIME
buckhoya calls 6,365, and is all in
hoyazo shows [9c 9h]
buckhoya shows [9d Ac]
Uncalled bet of 296 returned to hoyazo
*** FLOP *** [6h 5d As]
*** TURN *** [6h 5d As] [2h]
*** RIVER *** [6h 5d As 2h] [2c]
hoyazo shows two pair, Nines and Twos
buckhoya shows two pair, Aces and Twos
buckhoya wins the pot (17,630) with two pair, Aces and Twos

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home