Sunday, September 09, 2007

Lifesagrind Takes Down Week 1 of the Battle

Lifesagrind took down week one of the Blogger Fantasy Football Battle with an impressive fantasy score of 152.8. With the win he already has a seat in the Fantasy Tournament of Champions, and takes over first in the battle standings. He also has put up 152.8 as the score to beat so far for the $100 highest score bonus. It was a pretty wild Sunday with the late game lighting up the leaderboards and shaking things up big-time. No lead was really safe before the Giants/Cowboys game ended.

Week 2 contests will begin registering on Tuesday. It is never to late to join in, and I expect this thing to grow, so spread the word. Just look for "Blogger Battle Week x" in the title. Results from week 1 are shown below.

Winning Fantasy Team
Quarterback T. Romo 42.9
Wide Receiver T. Owens 20.7
Wide Receiver S. Smith 18.0
Wide Receiver T. Holt 13.3
Running Back S. Alexander 17.7
Running Back B. Westbrook 13.1
Tight End J. Witten 17.6
Kicker N. Kaeding 0.0
Defense D. JAC 9.5
152.8 Points

On The Leader Board ($100/$50/$25 Bonus)
1 lifesagrind 98.50
2 jek187 69.65
3 bayne_s 56.87
4 Smokkee 49.25
5 Blinders 44.05
6 bonds 40.21
7 23skidoo 37.23
8 scurvydog 37.23
9 love_elf 32.83
10 BG 31.15
11 Big Pirate 29.70
12 DonkeyPuncher 28.44

Honorable Mention
Joe Speaker
Dr. Pauly
DrizzDJ
Otis
ChipperSports
Bobby Bracelet
Trama
FallStaff

Qualified for Tournament of Champions
lifesagrind

Blinders Deadmoney in TOC Pool So Far ($150 Min)
$27

Top three fantasy scores of the season ($100/$50/$25 Bonus)
1 lifesagrind 152.8
2 Jek187 151.9
3 bayne_s 138
Week 1 Official Results

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At 3:53 PM, Blogger The Bracelet said...

Damn, a guy wins his (admittedly easy with only 4 entrants) fantasy battle only to be ranked 17th in points and garner a respectable 0 battle points.

Ouch.

At least I got $45 for my troubles. Suck on that people!

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger on_thg said...

This [censored] is rigged.

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Blinders said...

Hard to imagine I would get a complaint from someone who entered a $10 contest with three others. and $90 to be split amoung the top three. Only top 50% get BFFB points (I have to steal as much as possible from the BBT). Good luck this week.

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger The Bracelet said...

Yeah, I would have been waaay out of the money if I'd entered any other group. I'm actually surprised I even placed in the money with 4 runners. My luck usually dictates I take the only non-paying spot there.

And don't worry, I wasn't complaining, just messing around being a smartass. I actually feel bad about catching that kind of break (full payout with only 4 runners) because I know that comes directly out of your pocket. Hopefully over time I will have more than made up for those times with the people I intend on getting on to the site.

Gotta get me some factory workers hooked and spreading the word to other factory workers. Lots of gambling going on in those places.

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Blinders said...

I figured we would have more sign-ups and I don't mind it coming out of "my" pocket if it goes to you guys. I will probably start switching it to a 6-player leauge when the weekend rolls around to minimize the overlays. Otherwise you guys will all start waiting till the last minute in search of free money.

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Schaubs said...

If I miss the first week can I still get in???

Is there any point? I don't see how I could actually catch up?

Also, I tried to make a deposit without any luck again tonight...

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Blinders said...

Schaubs,

You can get in at anytime. It is not even close to too late. What deposit method are you using? Credit cards need to match your account info. PayPal pretty much always works, but we reject a lot of credit cards, because our security settings are as high as you can set them.

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Schaubs said...

yeah i tried to load in $50 with my visa. The security code that i entered was the CVS number on the back (3 digits). I am pretty sure I had everything perfect, but I guess it still wasn't good enough.

I'll try again in about an hour, but I want to get in this weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home