Wednesday, May 30, 2007

The Perfect BBT Starting Table

For someone who just stumbled upon this here blog, I play a pretty tight style of NL Holdem. Everyone else knows this already. So what am I looking for at an MTT table. Yeah, I know you don't get to choose this. Let's say that you could though. Who would I put at my starting table, that would give me the highest likelihood of chipping up? Lets just say I love hyper aggressive starting tables. Tables where nearly every pot is raised preflop, and often reraised as well. Where the pots are huge when the flop comes out, and post flop bets will need to be large as well. It could not get any better than this for me. I will sit back and fold, fold, fold all day long. When I wake up with something no reason to raise, someone will take care of that for me. Possibly a reraise to before I act. Everyone will be so busy battling each other out, they will not be properly factoring in what will happen if I enter a pot. So I lose a blind and a half every orbit, but take a massive pot down every 40-50 hands. That's enough to keep an average stack right there, and I have done this so many times it is laughable. So below is my ideal BBT starting table. I know I am leaving a ton of people out here, so comment on why you should be at my table if you would like, and I may reconsider later.

Lucko21: Hyperagressive, and tends to rattle the table enough to get others off there game (i.e. play looser). Also tends to play tighter than advertised early in MTTs, so might prefer having him more in the middle stages.

Fuel55: Gets into push or fold mode preflop by around the 2nd or 3rd level of an MTT. AA or KK is a sure double-up and possibly a triple-up with Fuel at your table.

Smokkee: Loves to relentlessly attack my blinds. Other than that, plays about as tight as they come. I can sit back and rope a dope him with a solid hand or get into it big when someone else picks up something, and plays back at smokkee first.

HighOnPoker: High on aggression should his name. Don't think I need to go any further here.

Hoyazo: So busy with his skilled steals and resteals, that it is hard for him to be accounting for me. If I catch him making a move on someone else, and wake up with something, many chips will get dragged my way.

NomeyMyHomey: Loves to push-in from the SB into my BB reguardless of stack sizes. About as free of chips as they come IMO.

Zeem: Gets a little push happy in MTTs. Love to bait him into pushing into me when I got the goods.

Iakaris: Crafty aggressive MTTer who can disrupt a table if he gets a stack. Not running too well right now. Loose agressive + not running well is a reciepe for spewing chips. I want to be around to grab a good portion.


Like I said this is not a comprehensive list. Make a case if you would like to be included.

Labels: , ,

15 Comments:

At 1:49 PM, Blogger Fuel55 said...

Revenge of the weak tight?

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger bayne_s said...

Glad to see you left me off list cause I would pwn you unless you got lucky and sucked out!

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

The feeling is 100% mutual, Blinders.

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Blinders said...

Bayne,

No need for solid/tight aggressive players at your table if you want easy chips. BTW nobody on the list ranks very high in the BBT standings.

Hoy,

The only way you get chips from me in an MTT is if you pry them out of my cold dead hands. You don't want me at your table, trust me.

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger Alan said...

Damn, those are fighting words where I come from!

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger WindBreak247 said...

Hilarious post. So edgy and controversial!

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger smokkee said...

obv you would never get past this table.

funny post tho.

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger Wwonka said...

Dude do you even know what you are talking about???

I will bet on Hoyazo over your lame ass any day.

peace
wwonka

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger Blinders said...

wonka,

This is BBT starting table, and I am way ahead of all of those listed (smokkee is close). Go ahead and bet on a longshot.

It is not that I am any better than any of these guys individually. I beat the combination of them at a table with me.

 
At 3:04 AM, Blogger smokkee said...

how can u beat us if u don't get a sick run of cards??

obv not by outplaying us...please elaborate.

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger Eric a.k.a. Bone Daddy said...

Iakaris loose aggressive? are we talking about the same person?

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Blinders said...

Smokkee,

I fold for 40-50 straight hands. I will get JJ-AA once on average every 50+ hands. If you throw in AKs/AK I will get a preflop move-inable hand for sure in that timeframe on average. AK is not a made hand, but it will be difficult for the aggros to call a AK push from me with 66 after I sat out so many hands. The cool thing about MTTs is you pay smaller blinds while waiting for your hand and get paid in larger blind levels. As long as you get a big one every 40-50 you are fine, and I end up with the second most chips to the one surviving aggro.

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger lucko said...

I agree, having me on your starting table in a $10 mtt is usually a very, very good thing.

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger smokkee said...

don't u think we'll notice when u come out firing after folding 50 hands?

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Drizztdj said...

If you were serious about wanting some O8 help, you're welcome to drop me a line anytime :)


Yahoo ID = hrking275

Good luck in the rest of the BPT!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home