Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Cash Game Donk on the BBT Tour

I played in my 6th blogger tour event last night, after filling out forms in triplicate and getting a rare exemption to play on a Monday night. It would be worth the effort as I would get leaderboard points for the 6th time in 6 attempts, and work my way to my first final table, and first decent cash of the tour. I am going to Hoy it up a bit with some screenshots I happened to take along the way for those interested.
About 1/2 hour in, I got AA and was able to stack the constant trash talking smokkee, and send him to the rail. It felt great! Then just as I was starting to feel some momentum, I raised preflop and called drizz's push with AK. He would have A7 and out flop me. It was not looking to be my night.

I was not sure if I would put this in, but this was the hand that I pushed Hoy off JJ preflop with. Lets just say it was going to be a race.

So I ended the first hour with the stack and stats shown below.

In the second hour, I really got nothing going for the first 45 minutes. My stack was heading down towards 3000, and the blinds were starting to be a problem. I was playing my cash game style which works pretty good in the doublestack tournaments, but would need to chip up if I wanted to keep playing it. When the button tried to steal my BB for like the tenth time with a T800 min-raise, I jammed back 3200 with A4o (not a cash game move). He called pretty quick with J8s and I doubled through. The very next hand, I picked up TT and made a standard preflop raise, and cmitch jammed. I called (not a cash game move), and he had A8o, and I doubled through again, and went from second to last to second place in two hands. I ended second hour as shown below.

From here, I held tight, eventually calling a short MiamiDon with 22 and sending him home so that the final table could form. Below is the final table when I got there.

I had my first real (and only) suckout of the tourney when it folded to me in the SB and I raised what would be 1/2 the BB's stack. BB pushed, and I had to call. BB had AQ and I had KQ, but I would get the better board, and move into the lead for the first time at the FT as shown below.


From here I would hang on and Scots_chris would knock out most of the rest of the field. He would take a 4-1 chip lead heads up. On the first hand heads up, I would get A2o, and would be facing a preflop push. My read on Scots was that he was over betting and pushing with the goods, but it is tough to laydown an ace heads-up and semi-short. I made a bad call, and was against AJ or AQ and IGHN, with a nice second place and about a $275 cash. Yeah me! This is my typical run through MTTs when I do well. I just play cash game as long as I can. If I happen to be catching, I can continue with it till the FT. If I am not, I make some moves in the second hour, and go home or chip up. In this one I was not in the top 20 for the first hour and 45 minutes and popped right into second place after two big hands. As long as you are getting your big hands paid off in MTTs you can sit out for several orbits and play a pretty tight cash game style most of the way. I was also able to buy quite a few pots, because it is hard to believe that a player does not have anything after watching them sitting out for 30+ hands. When these types of tighties start firing at the pot it's best to get out of their way.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 9:07 AM, Blogger Alan aka RecessRampage said...

Great game last night. I still can't believe that guy "Prophesy" called your all in reraise with J8s when he only had 800 committed...

And btw, I actually had real reraisable hands every time you raised my blinds from the button.

RecessRampage

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger cmitch said...

I put you on air in that 1010 hand. I was ready for bed and figured chip up or go to sleep.

GG.

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger smokkee said...

KK vs AA

so lame

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Nice game, Blinders. You played great and made a lot of moves at the right times to get shit done. Very impressive whenever a tight player comes through with a big run like this.

 
At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice run Blinders. I like seeing all of us cash gamers tearing up the leaderboard.

Extra props for busting Smokkee, maybe that will keep him out of your ear for a minute.

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

You gotta find a way to make those pictures larger, man. I can barely read what's going on in them. Maybe make them link to a full size image like a certain other blogger does?

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger Blinders said...

I don't have the image capture skillz u do. These are lower res than normal the way I did them, oops. I will try to do better. I had JJ if you could not tell.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home