Tuesday, March 20, 2007

$300 Bonus Challenge

I am a bonus whore. One of the reasons that I don't play much anymore is that without having a deposit method, I can't make a deposit and get a reload bonus. I fund my poker account through my winnings, but I loved to move money in and out to take advantage of bonuses. Well, I got this email over the weekend (anyone else get this?), and it looks like FT has noticed my lack of play and wants to get me back. Well played sir. You win.

So I am challenging myself to clear the entire $300 bonus in the 14 days allowed starting tonight. That's about 350 FPPs/day which is roughly 2 hours/day 3 tabling 1/2 NL. I have never been able to get rakeback on FullTilt, so I feel a lot less "ripped-off" when I have a bonus working there. You get 42% rakeback with a FT bonus. I get raked less than 1/2 of the average players rake based on my playing style, so I will be getting close to 100% of my rake contribution back during the bonus. I have not had a 350 FPP day on FT in months, so my playing habits are going to have to radically change. This may be what it takes to get me back in the game. My goal for the challenge is $1000 in total profit or $700 in winnings + $300 in bonus. Wish me luck.


Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At 9:03 PM, Blogger TechGuyTom said...

Everyone must be getting it. Although I play there just about every single day and they only offered me a $100 bonus.

What a jip.

 
At 6:41 AM, Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Those assholes! I also got just the $100 bonus offer, and I certainly play there every day. That is unbelievable. They reward the people that play there less with more of a bonus. Unreal.

Fun five hands with you last night at the cash table man. Real fun.

 
At 7:01 AM, Blogger WindBreak247 said...

I'm pretty sure everyone got the bonus, but I don't know that everyone got the email.

Mine was only $50. I don't think its based on how much you play, I think its based on the level(s) at which you play.

Good luck!

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger NewinNov said...

I got the email for $100, funny as now I only play $0.10/$0.25.

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Blinders said...

I am sure my bonus is bigger because I used to play so much on FT and just about stopped playing recently. It makes sense to offer me more to get me back then to the people who still actively playing. Its good marketing on thier part.

Hoy, that was pretty tough. I was kinda joking when I said someone would stack you first. I was not joking when I said it was a tough table. I was ready to split before you showed up. It was all bigstacks, and I prefer playing with way more shorties.

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger bayne_s said...

Once you attempt 350/day you might as well try to ratchet up play to 430 FTPs/day to get into Main Event Freeroll that requires 3000 points in a week with starting point Midnight Wednesday Eastern time.

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger Blinders said...

Bayne,

I qualfied twice last year for the main event freerolls on FT, so I am capable of earning that much in a month (10,000 FTPs last year). Might want to leverage the $300 bonus clearing into a seat in an IronMan free roll, the WSOP freeroll, and FTPs for buying stuff. It's like working four bonuses at once. The only problem with the WSOP freeroll was that I donked out of both pretty early, and it was a huge letdown after putting in that much effort to get in for a month. My bankroll should get fat if I put in that kind of time, but I still need to figure out how to cash out at some point.

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger bayne_s said...

Blinders,

Top 2 seats this year is certainly tougher than Top 20 seats last year but if you get some chips early and avoid bad beats I am sure you have game for a decent run.

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger smokkee said...

i've cleared $40 of the $300 bonus they offered me already

:P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home