Monday, December 04, 2006

$1231 - Ace King of Diamonds - No Good

Up until this point in the ladder challenge, I had never been stacked once. I got my self stacked twice on Friday. Once at 2/4 NL, once at 1/2 NL, and both with AKs (diamonds). They were a couple of interesting hands, and I don't think that I really played either wrong. Hands with comments are below for those intereseted.

FullTiltPoker Game #1338708075: Table Rose Canyon
- $2/$4 - No Limit Hold'em - 1:07:49 ET - 2006/12/02
Seat 2: Notaclue2 ($366.20)
Seat 3: Blinders ($392.50)
Seat 4: Jasmine6 ($0), is sitting out
Seat 5: hedodave ($212)
Seat 6: IslandTime ($402.80)
Seat 7: bostondoc ($64.80)
Seat 8: ewandi1 ($279.20)
Seat 9: therecanbeonly1 ($222.20)
IslandTime posts the small blind of $2
bostondoc posts the big blind of $4
The button is in seat #5
*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Blinders [Ad Kd]
ewandi1 folds
therecanbeonly1 folds
Notaclue2 folds

Blinders raises to $14

Typical Open Raise from MP.

hedodave folds
IslandTime calls $12
bostondoc raises to $64.80, and is all in

OK a bid stack called me from the SB, and the shorty in the BB pushes. I am not going to give the shorty a ton of credit. The bigstack really can't have a monster with the out of position call preflop. I have pot odds to call the shorty unless he has AA or KK. I think I need to call or raise here. I don't want to play a massive pot preflop with AK so I just call, and am hoping the bigstack folds or just calls.

Blinders calls $50.80

IslandTime raises to $402.80, and is all in

Nooooooo! Did not want to see that one. Could this guy have played that way with AA or KK? I don't think so. I am putting him on a middle pair. Something like 99-JJ. I think he sensed weakness when I only called the SBs push and is pushing in for folding equity, figuring that I have AK or something along those lines. Well this will be a massive pot if I call. There is almost $200 in dead money in the pot, so I have pot odds to call an under pair here easy. Do I have the ballz to take a coinflip on this big of a pot. I need to have them. I decide to call.

Blinders calls $327.70, and is all in

IslandTime shows [Kh Kc]
bostondoc shows [Jc Js]
Blinders shows [Ad Kd]
Uncalled bet of $10.30 returned to IslandTime
*** FLOP *** [4h 8s Tc]
*** TURN *** [4h 8s Tc] [Ks]
*** RIVER *** [4h 8s Tc Ks] [Jd]
mightypro150 sits downIslandTime shows three of a kind, Kings
Blinders shows a pair of Kings
IslandTime wins the side pot ($655.40) with three of a kind, Kings
bostondoc shows three of a kind, Jacks
IslandTime wins the main pot ($191.40) with three of a kind, Kings
SUMMARY ***Total pot $849.80 Main pot $194.40. Side pot $655.40. Rake $3Board: [4h 8s Tc Ks Jd]

Well I could not put him on KK there and paid the price. I kind of got on a slippery slope on the hand, but still think I played it correct. You have to be able to gambool. With the King showing up on the turn, I could have beat a lot of hands, but not a set of Kings or Jacks. So much for being up close to a buy-in at 2/4NL. So I move down to 1/2 NL and get this beauty.


FullTiltPoker Game #1339362612: Table Summit Grove
- $1/$2 - No Limit Hold'em - 3:46:59 ET - 2006/12/02
Seat 1: phil phd ($111.85)
Seat 2: boltz00083 ($283.25)
Seat 3: whalerz ($181)
Seat 4: sl999333 ($198)
Seat 5: Blinders ($140.60)
Seat 6: cody15 ($73)
Seat 7: TNN4731 ($220.25)
Seat 8: uhwtf ($204.75)
Seat 9: jp4life19 ($106.90)
whalerz posts the small blind of $1
sl999333 posts the big blind of $2
The button is in seat #2

*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Blinders [Kd Ad]

Typical UTG Raise here

Blinders raises to $7

cody15 folds
TNN4731 calls $7
uhwtf folds
jp4life19 folds
phil phd folds
boltz00083 folds
whalerz foldssl999333 folds

*** FLOP *** [4h Kc 4c]

You can't ask for much better of a flop there for top pair. I am worried about a set, but with that board, you are safe. pocket 4s for quads or pocket kings for Trip Kings. AA not too likely. If you have pocket Aces and flop three different unders, there are three cards that can make a set against you. With this board sets are not very likely. I am ready to go to war as required.


Blinders bets $10

TNN4731 raises to $22

Blinders raises to $34

TNN4731 calls $12

Just a call there, so I am felling pretty good. I put this guy on a decent King (KQ or KJ), or a middle pair 55-QQ. He is pretty fucked if he continues on.

*** TURN *** [4h Kc 4c] [Ah]

That card can't help him. I got top two pair now, with no flush or straight possible, and quad 4s or trip Aces or Kings don't make sense either. I gots this one.

Blinders bets $28

TNN4731 has 15 seconds left to actTNN4731 raises to $56

Blinders raises to $99.60, and is all in

TNN4731 calls $43.60

Blinders shows [Kd Ad]
TNN4731 shows [4s 5s]
*** RIVER *** [4h Kc 4c Ah] [8c]
Blinders shows two pair, Aces and Kings
TNN4731 shows three of a kind, Fours
TNN4731 wins the pot ($281.20) with three of a kind, Fours
*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $284.20 Rake $3Board: [4h Kc 4c Ah 8c]


Well, if you are going to call my preflop raise heads-up with a small suited connector, and you flop trips, and I flop top pair, I am going to pay you off. You just hit about a 100-1 shot on the flop, nh sir. I think if I can't play that hand that way, I need to quit playing poker.

I did not play at all over the weekend, as Saturday I was getting ready for the OCPT tour Championship, and Sunday I was recovering from it. I will not be able to clear my reload bonus on FullTilt, but I will be back at the virtual felt today.







5 Comments:

At 10:53 AM, Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

I dunno man.. I wont say your TP was no good or the 45c is a great hand.. but flopping trips is not the only way he could have won that.. 2-pair, flush, straight, etc.. and if your going to pay him off every time then he is going to ok in the long run..

Some interesting hands though..

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Blinders said...

I am just saying if someone goes for a 100-1 shot for $7 and hits. I will pay them the $140. When the money went in he needed AA, KK, 44 or any 4 to be ahead of me. AA and KK were not to likely based on the preflop action. 44 would have been flopped quads (not very likely). So that leaves any 4 or specifically 34s, 45s, or A4s. It has to be at least 100-1 to flop trips with me flopping TPTK starting with those hands.

I can fold TPTK in a cash game no problem, but it can't be an automatic decision. With a board like that I think your safe to go to war because so many hands could pay you off. Just some bad luck I think. I make 45s pay if he misses trips/two-pair, and bet enough to take away draws on the flop.

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger smokkee said...

all-in preflop with AK is a full ring game? you should know better than that. you got schooled.

so what now? back to .50/1? i suggest you blow off this challenge. pick a level you're confortable with and try to maintain some profitability there. you're gonna take some hits in cash games. just brush yourself off and get back in the ring.

and dude, i'm not talkin' .50/1. you've been stuck in that purgatory too long. you're easily bankrolled for higher levels.

just suck it up.

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger Blinders said...

smokkee,

In hindsite, its hard to beleive I got stacked by getting it all-in preflop with AKs. Its not something I normally do. It just kind of happened the way the hand played out. So at what point do you fold the hand?

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger smokkee said...

i'm not calling an all in for my whole stack with AKsOOted in a cash game.

but, in a tournament? i call that shit all day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home