Monday, November 06, 2006

Question #1 What Is Your Excuse?

Question #2 Why do you suck at poker?
Question #3 Are your friends and family aware that you suck at poker?
Question #4 What is your excuse for living?

Above are from last nights Big Game, where is was decided that the first eliminated would be interviewed by Miami Don (the anti-mookie approach).

Thank god it was not me who was first out, because I am not prepared for the public humiliation. I do have thick skin though. You need to have it if your me. I get no respect.

Things started off for me just like last time. I was getting decent cards early, and slowly chipping up. The big hand for me would come quickly. I get AA in one of the blinds I think, and after a bunch of limpers, pop it up 6x. Lucko calls. Flop comes A4x all hearts. Well I have top set, but am in a little trouble with all the hearts. I bet out about T400, and lucko reraises to T1000. I am not going to put him on the flush, and I would have outs even if he has it, so I push. Lucko correctly states that he can't put me on the flush, but unfortunately he flopped bottom set. He has to call and does. He is drawing to one out, and I hold up to get north of 6k in chips.

After, all the chatter after this hand, I felt like I needed to apologize for that hand. Sorry, I think I played it pretty well. I got all the money in on the flop, which was key because a forth heart hit on the turn. Not saying I outplayed lucko. He played it right to. I just got lucky and found myself in a great situation. Do I have to apologize for that?

So I was in great shape early, but there was a lot of poker to still be played. I started bleeding chips away. Cmitch outplayed me on a key hand, that further lowered my stack. When the final table formed, I was 8 or 9th in chips, and a long stretch from the money. It folds to me in the SB, and I have 66. Superstoner who I have labeled as a "nut peddler" is in the BB. I want to take it down right now, so I pop it up big (almost 1/2 my stack). I figure he is folding 85%+ of his hand to that raise. Superstoner raises enough to put me all-in. I figure him for overs and not a bigger pair. I call and am racing against AK. A king on the flop and IGHN in 9th. I think I had to play it that way so those are the breaks. Congrats to superstoner who won the event, and to my pal smokkee for taking second.

I have run 15 of the 90 player S&Gs on FullTilt, and am loving them. I have 2 top threes, 3 final tables, and 6 cashes which is pretty good for 15 tries IMO. You just play them ubertight until in the money, then try to chip-up as required after you get down to two tables. If you double up once, you can cruise to the money. Another thing I like about them is there are no antes ever. This structure is about as good as I can get for my playing style. They also run pretty quick. Bubble is around 1 1/2 hours in. Final table in about 2 hours. It is a quick way to get end game experience in MTTs. Try em, you'll like em.

5 Comments:

At 9:58 AM, Blogger smokkee said...

i really didn't feel stoner wuz a nut peddler. he didn't show down a lot of hands. i thought he was playing solid poker.

i knew it would come down to me and him for the title when we got short handed.

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Blinders you should never appologize for making a great read and playing your hand. You ruled. Period. End of story. Do not feel bad.

I have been trying out the 90-SNGs.. I am 1 for 2 ITM. I took 6th on my first try and my AA got cracked by A4o. In the second game I went out with AA vs KK.. So yeah, I can see these games as being pretty good.

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger lucko said...

The set over set, there was nothing wrong at all how you played it. You pushed it hard as you should. I play it the same exact way you did.

I didn't like how you played the sixes against stoner though. No way I am ever raising half my stack preflop unless I have Aces or Kings. If you are going to raise that much, get them all in there IMO. It wouldn't have mattered in this situations, but it could in others.

And yea labeling stoner a nut peddler would be like labeling me tight.

Good job in the 90-SNG's, I might try a couple some time this week.

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Blinders said...

lucko,

Yeah, I may have misplayed that last hand. I was getting short and wanted to take the blinds and antes. 66 is pretty good heads up. Probably should have just pushed, but the result would have been the same. Could have done a 3x raise, but I would have called the reraise based on my stack size and the situation. My read on stoner was due to his squeeky tight early play. He clearly knows how to switch gears however, and did a great job taking it down. I guess I was lucky to be coin flipping, but I gladly would have taken the flip at that point.

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

Hey in case I never said this before...I like your blog a lot blinders.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home