Wednesday, November 29, 2006

$1843 - Some Success at 2/4NL

I played about 100 hands at 2/4 NL for about a $130 profit. I finally started catching some good starting hands, and my stats are starting to get more in line with my 1/2 nl stats, although the sample is still very small. I don't think I need to be making too many adjustments for 2/4 NL, so the stats should line up pretty well over time. I am amazed at the donkey play even at this level. I am focusing hard on table selection, so that I am sure to have a few bad players around. I am also watching the conditions closely at the table, and bailing if conditions change for the worse. Its not a great way to get a ton of hands in, but it is a great way to get your feet wet at the higher levels.

4 Comments:

At 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah I guess using solid table selection that you should be able to jump up a few levels... of course you have to get used to the new dollar amounts that people are willing to bet.

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger lucko said...

I would be interesting in reading about your table selection process. I see you mention it a lot and it definitely isn't one of my strengths.

And good job on the tables!

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger smokkee said...

so i guess you run for the hills when me and Lucko sit down.

you're off to a good start.

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger Blinders said...

lucko,

I did a post a couple months back on my table selection strategy. I'll put a link in.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home