Monday, November 20, 2006

$1170 - Played Some 2/4 with AC, and Folded KK Preflop






My ladder challenge stats through the weekend are shown above. I did not play as much as I would have liked over the weekend, and even blew off the big game, because I was real tired, and did not think I could bring my "A-Game".

Saturday afternoon, Allen Cunningham was 8-tabling 2/4 nl on FullTilt, so I sat down. The bankroll per the ladder challenge was not there yet for 2/4, but I thought it would be ok to get my feet wet, and observe one of the best players in the world. I bought in for $200 which is 1/2 a full buy-in. I did not want to drop $400 at 2/4 before I was technically allowed to play it. I played 41 hands and won two pots. I never really got involved with A.C. in any hands. I did see him push-in from the BB after a cut-off steal preflop. The guy called with 77, and A.C. had AKo. He would spike a K and double through. It was an interesting play. I ended up dropping $38 at 2/4 so I will have red on my stats for 2/4 until I can correct that. I am feeling pretty confident at 1/2 nl right now though.






The hand below is a first for me. I folded KK preflop in a cash game. I have never done this before, and was not sure if I ever would be able to. I was pretty much convinced the preflop reraiser had AA, and did not want to push-in to find out. It would have been an easier decision against a bigger stack to fold there, but I did it anyway. Go ahead and rip me for it. I will understand. He could have had QQ, or AK possibly, but my read was AA. Sometimes you just feel it. The big stack after me folded, so I will never know. It felt good though, to be able to do something I have never done before.

7 Comments:

At 8:40 AM, Blogger lucko said...

Right or wrong, it takes a lot of discipline to make that kind of fold. Pretty sick. What were the stack sizes, I can't really tell from the picture.

 
At 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No ripping needed. People don't follow their guts often enough. Bravo for following yours.

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger smokkee said...

i'm never folding KK preflop.

how can you be so sure he's not making a button steal. he could make the same move there with a BUNCH of hands (AK, AQ, QQ, JJ, TT, even lower pocket pairs). in the long run KK vs. AA will even out with your AA vs. KK's. i don't like this fold at all.

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Blinders said...

FullTiltPoker Game #1268454324: Table Kasmere Falls - $1/$2 - No Limit Hold'em - 20:58:52 ET - 2006/11/18
Seat 1: Blinders ($182.85)
Seat 2: 1forthethumb ($535.15)
Seat 3: DOpeyMAN ($84.35)
TheSnake-28 posts the small blind of $1
Crides posts the big blind of $2
The button is in seat #3
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Blinders [Kc Kh]
bear99 calls $2
Blinders raises to $9
1forthethumb calls $9
DOpeyMAN raises to $32
TheSnake-28 folds
Crides folds
bear99 folds
Blinders has 15 seconds left to act
Blinders folds
1forthethumb folds
Uncalled bet of $23 returned to DOpeyMAN
DOpeyMAN mucks
DOpeyMAN wins the pot ($32)

The relevant info is shown above, sorry for the poor quality image. As I said it would have been an easier decision against a bigger stack. Normally, I just go to war (push) agianst someone with less than 1/2 full buy-in in that situation.

With a limper, me popping it 4.5x, a deep stack calling the 4.5. From the button's perspective I don't think he is stealing there. Two big stacks in position are already in for a decent amount, and one will surely call. So I felt he had a real hand. I bet about that much with AA or KK if I were him. KK is out, becuase I have the other two Kings. AK is also less likely. He could be done with AK, QQ and JJ as well (and others if he is real Laggy), and I did not have a good read on him.

Something was just telling me it was AA this time. I have had the feeling before, and am usually right. He is betting enough to take drawing odds away, while pot committing himself. It screamed AA to me, so I folded. Way, way borderline, but it felt good anyway. Would have been cool if he showed.

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Blinders said...

One last note:

It was the size of the bet that was key for me in this situation. If he min raises or pushes in, I am all-in or calling everytime.

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger smokkee said...

talk about weak/tight

that's just ghey. you can't call a shorty's all in with KK ?

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger Doog said...

"KK is out, becuase I have the other two Kings."

Sometimes it happens...

http://continuationbet.blogspot.com/2006/11/three-and-half-finger-cut.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home