Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Final Table Bitches


I final tabled one of the first tourneys I ever ran at FullTilt. I thought it was cool how the background changes to a WPT like set. That was about two years ago. I can't remember ever getting to that screen again, although I really don't run very many MTTs and the ones I do run are pretty big. Well last night I made it back to the promised land. In the screen shot above, I was sitting in second place shortly after the final table had formed. This was a $5 HORSE MTT with 98 runners, so it is not a lot to brag about. I did just about everything possible to not make it this far. I started a few S&Gs at the same time, but was left with only this tournament and had some chips. I had to run to a friends house, so I sat out for about 15 minutes while traveling. Played a few hands over there and rallied back some chips. Sat out another 15 minutes coming back. All late in the second hour when the blinds were significant. Not really a way to win a tourney, but I can't get too excited about a $5 entry.

When I got back to my house, I was last out of 14 players left. I rallied right back, and got into 2nd position. Unfortunately, I am still a little green in HORSE, and I donked off a few chips in Omaha with the 2nd nutz when I thought I had the nutz. Then I finally went out in 5th, when in Razz with a short stack, I pushed in on 4th street with J high, three smallies. I was behind pretty bad, but watched the other guy pair/pair/King out, and thought I had won. Unfortunately, I King/King/Paired out, and could not beat a King high hand. Not a big cash, but a Final table none the less. I will take it.

3 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Great job, Blinders. Final tabling any HORSE mtt with more than a few tables I think means you have a pretty solid grasp of all the games. I doubt the competition in a $5 HORSE mtt is very good, but making the top few spots is a solid indication of good play. Nice work. One day maybe I'll run into you in one of these things, I do like to play the HORSE mtts in the evenings.

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger smokkee said...

i never thought you could do it.....fold your way into the final table. nice job.

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

Congrats blinders. I know exactly what you mean when you get to that blue table. I love the fact FT makes a big deal of the FT visually.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home