Monday, August 28, 2006

Day 9

I took off day 8 to go to blogger day at Del Mar with Joe Speaker, Bobby Bracelet, Bill Rini, and Yosoynevo. I will try to write a trip report, If I can find a way of not incriminating myself.

On Day 9, I played one orbit on a few tables before having to give up the PC. Later that night, I was bored with cash games for some reason and ran some S&Gs. Mostly HORSE, but a couple of Turbo 9 players. I ended up cashing in 3/5, and winning another HORSE S&G. The flow of the HORSE S&Gs works out pretty well for me. My strongest games are Holdem, Omaha, and Razz. I try to chip up early in these three segments, and tend to sit out much of the Stud (unless I get a huge starting hand). With the antes pretty small and the levels starting to get big, the bubble is usually burst in the stud segments. So I get back to holdem in the money, with a smallish stack, and after playing ridiculously tight for the last 20 minutes. When I pick up the aggression at Holdem, I tend to get respect, and chip back up quickly. The tourney usually ends in the 2nd Holdem or Omaha segment, so I don't have to get through stud again. The strategy is chip up early, sit out the middle, and rally hard late, and it seems to work although these are micro stakes.

For the weekend, I hardly played at all, which is two weeks in a row now. I usually do my best on the weekends, so this will have to stop soon if I want to clear the challenge early. I am a little disappointed that I appear to be mailing this one in.

FullTilt 32h +32.75
S&Gs +17.20
Day 9 Total +49.95

Challenge Total +552.95

3 Comments:

At 8:10 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

I'm playing in a Full Tilt SNG with you right now. Just put two and two together who you were...good luck.

Damn those Aces!

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Blinders said...

Sorry guys, I can't live blog and play 5 tables. Nice comeback trip after I put the hurtin on you. I ended up bubbling out

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

D'oh! Oh well...it was good gaming. I'm gonna link you up today...thought I already had done that...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home