Friday, June 09, 2006

Another Broken Bone

It's been a while since my last post, but I have an excuse. I managed to break another bone. After going my whole life without a hospital stay of any kind and without any broken bones, I have now broken bones twice in the last 5 months. Both requiring Surgery. This time, I broke my cheekbone by crashing heads into another player while playing basketball. Ouch! I had surgery Wednesday night to reduce a collapsed zyglomatic arch on my right cheek. The surgery went well, and the dent in the side of my face is gone, but it feels like I just got hit in the side of the head with a 2x4.

So what else has been happening? I am starting to pull out of my latest slump, winning back the $300 I lost in one session on PokerStars plus a little extra. It is weird, but whenever I am moved enough to bitch about a session in my blog, things seem to turn right around. It's great having a blog for this reason, so try it if you have not yet.

What else? I have to send out props to doubleas who hooked me up with the 1,500 in W$ I need for the WSOP. Please don't bother him for $W, as he is only buying them, but I have to thank him for helping me out. Also, I have to send out big props to smokkee, who bubbled out of the 1k WSOP buy-in on FullTilt, but still cashed $3,500. He outlasted three fulltilt pros, and many other solid players. This guy is obsessed with winning a seat, and if he keeps his tournament play as solid as it has been he will get it. Not bad for a guy who has only been playing for about 1 1/2 years.

Lastly, I am playing in the FullTilt IronMan this weekend. I hope to do better then my last few freerolls on FullTilt. I also got lured back to Bodog for $135 in free tourney credits. I might play in the 100k there this weekend as well. I will say I hope I do good, rather than wish me luck, becuase the later never seems to work.

Blinders out!

1 Comments:

At 11:33 AM, Blogger smokkee said...

hey quasimoto,

i wun two more seats to FTP's 1k Qualifier. i'm totally cracked out.

GL in the Iron Man.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home